This month’s topic: Protecting Your Intellectual Property
Guest Speaker: Dave Ratner, Creative Law Network
When creating and selling art, issues around copyright can seem murky and daunting. Join us and guest speaker Dave Ratner, a licensed entertainment lawyer, to discuss the following:
- What rights you have as a creator when publishing your work
- How to protect your work through copyright registration
- How to explore licensing your creative works
- How to properly credit and compensate artists when using their work
- How to set up contracts for creative work
Dave will present a workshop followed by a chance for questions from the audience. All artists, business owners, and community members are welcome to attend this FREE event!
For more information, please visit our Facebook page!